Prism for AL
The move to Visual Studio Code with solutions split into multiple extensions comes with its own challenges. Statical is developing Prism for AL which will give developers the solution-wide overview and insight they need in order to be productive and deliver high quality.
What Is Statical Prism?
Statical Prism is an easy-to-use productivity tool for professionals using Microsoft Dynamics Business Central / NAV. With Prism it is possible to quickly and effortlessly get an overview of C/AL code, modules and dependencies which is important for roles such as:
- who read code to understand what the system is doing (or not doing)
- who read code when doing root cause analysis or just try to understand a module they are not yet familiar with
- who read code to understand what they have to build on or modify - in particular refactor, and for inspiration
- who read code when they try to predict what could be impacted by a change
- QA consultants
- who review code and read code to see where the complexities are
Statical Prism is able to browse Dynamics NAV code in several ways. It is possible to connect to a database directly, or to export the objects as a text file and browse that or to browse a version control folder structure (or an unorganized folder with NAV source code files).
Everything you need to learn to get started with Statical Prism is here.
See how to load source code into Statical Prism and how to use its features to solve problems.
Want to take Statical Prism for a spin? — Get a trial license and start right away.
Experience how dependency analysis can empower you to make better decisions.
Ready to purchase Statical Prism? — See here how to order.
Below are some quotes about Statical Prism.
This tool is absolutely amazing and it is saving us a load of development hours with the project we have going on right now!Mike Glue (Development Manager R&D, IndustryBuilt Software)
I love the speed and the usability of Prism. It comes in very handy when doing code cleanups, refactorings or just a quick code analysis.Džoka Mitrov