Prism for C/AL
Our code browser and analysis tool for the Microsoft Dynamics NAV platform.
Prism for AL
Our new code browser and analysis tool for the Microsoft Dynamics Business Central platform.
- Used By - see inbound dependencies
- Usings - see outbound dependencies
- Navigate between dependencies
- See number of objects per type
- Right-click declarations anywhere (procedures, fields, etc.) to find usages
- Find usages across entire multi-module workspace - even in symbol files
- ...and navigate to usages - also in symbol files
- Expand search in results window
Focus on relevant usages
- Flexible field filterings
- Text filtering
Find usages of system instance methods
An Example: Chasing inserts
- Find usages of insert on a given table
- Distiguish between usages with temporary or persistent (physical) effects
System Instance Methods
- Create: Insert
- Read: FindFirst, FindLast, etc.
- Update: Modify, ModifyAll
- Delete: Delete, DeleteAll
- Other: TransferFields, IsTemporary, CalcFields, SaveAsXml, etc.
Navigate directly to code groups (fields, procedures, controls, etc.)
Connect The Dots
Tame the complexity and make sense of it all.
- Visually traverse dependencies
- Propagated dependencies (e.g. Application)
- Version constraints
- Modules with only symbols marked with asterisk *
- Flexible display options
- Textual wildcard search
- Filter options for declaration types
- Display options (show/hide details)
- Inline extension declarations
- Used By objects section
- Using objects section
- Breadcrumb for selected element - provides hierarchical context
Everything Is Under Your Control
- Open workspace file
- Open workspace folder - even works without an app.json file (Prism will make a placeholder in-memory module and include your code and packages)
- Control package dependency depth: ability to control what dependencies to load (via a setting)
- Control package resolution: ability to use package cache to resolve dependencies when missing symbol files (via a setting)
Open in Visual Studio Code
Shortcut to open the current object in Visual Studio Code for editing.
Browse in Prism for AL and reload workspace to view latest changes (Prism for AL caches the workspace in memory).
Module-Level Git Status
Get an overview of Git status at the module level.
- Current branch
- Pending changes, incoming and outgoing commits
- Latest commit
- Information automatically refreshed
Want to take Prism for AL for a spin? — Go straight to download.
See how you can try Prism for AL for free.
Experience how dependency analysis can empower you to make better decisions.
Ready to purchase Prism for AL? — Buy a subscription.